Respite Care Association of Wisconsin (RCAW) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization organized in 1987 to support and advocate for quality systems of respite care for Wisconsin families.
Our mission is to “promote, support, and expand quality statewide respite care across the lifespan.”
Our purpose is to:
- Collaborate with respite care agencies and others interested in respite care to share ideas and expertise and to provide support for each other.
- Work closely with the appropriate government agencies and private agencies or groups to ensure the continuation and replication of quality respite services.
- Promote and support the concept of quality in the delivery of respite care.
- Initiate, sponsor and promote educational programs and research.
- Provide consultation and disseminate information.
In 1999, Wisconsin adopted the state Lifespan Respite Care legislation and contracts with RCAW to administer the program.
Lifespan Respite Care is funded through a grant from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services – Division of Medicaid Services.